Academic Registry

                                Home            FAQs            Useful Links            Term Dates              Future Term Dates

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I…?

Change my address / name / contact number?

Please complete a Change of Address form (available from the Academic Registry office (Rm 4.07)).

Alternatively, please email:

Please specify whether an address change is term time or permanent.

Request a confirmation of student status / council tax exemption letter?

These are often required by councils, banks and gyms to confirm your student status. If any of your details have changed, please follow the advice above.

If your details are the same, please email:

If you require the letter to have any specific wording, please let us know.

Request a new student card?

Requests for new University of Bedfordshire cards should be sent to:

For replacement UCO Clinic cards, students should speak to the Finance Department.

Please note there will be a £10 admin charge for all replacement cards payable by cash or cheque.

Find out my candidate number for exams?

Candidate numbers can be found on your University of Bedfordshire ID card.

If you have lost your card, please see above for how to request a replacement. Alternatively, if you just need your number, please email:

Find out the number to request an Oyster Card?

Your Oyster Card number consists of three letters (usually the first three letters of your surname) followed by eight numbers. These are given out during the first year registration.

If you would like to be reminded of your Oyster Card number, please email:

Please note that Part-Time students are not eligible for a Student Oyster Card.

Change my group?

Changes to groups need to be considered to ensure students are evenly distributed.

Please email any request for a group change to:

Find out my timetable?

Timetables by year group can be found on the Timetables section of the intranet or via First Class.

A daily timetable showing all lectures / room bookings for the day can be found on the Intranet Home Page under the 'Institutional Calendar' tab.

Notify you of an absence?

For absences from lectures / tutorials, please email “Class Absence” from the First Class system.

For clinic absences, please email “Clinic Absence”.

Please include:

a) Your full name;
b) Your course name, mode of study and year of study;
c) The date(s) for which you will be / were absent;
d) A brief outline of the reason(s) for your absence (e.g. illness, childcare issues, work issues, etc).

For any unavoidable absence due to illness or injury lasting more than five consecutive days of time-tabled commitments, you must submit a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner or other qualified health practitioner to the Academic Registry upon your return.

For more information on Absence, please refer to the Institutional Attendance Policy published here:

Notify you of my special circumstances?

If you experience serious events that have a significant adverse effect on your ability to study or undertake an assessment, you may report them as Special Circumstances. Special Circumstances may be taken into consideration by Boards of Examiners when final assessment results are considered.

To submit special circumstances, please complete form SC1 (Special Circumstances Form) and return it, with documentary evidence, to the Academic Registry or via email to the Academic Registrar.

For further information on submitting Special Circumstances, please see the Special Circumstance Policy & Procedure published here:

Advice is also available from the Student Support Department

Appeal against an exam result?

In certain circumstances, you have the right of appeal against the decision of an Examination Board.

If you think you have grounds that entitle you to exercise this right, you are required to inform the Academic Registrar in writing stating the grounds of your appeal.

For further information on appealing an Exam Board decision, please see the Academic Appeals Policy published here:

Make a complaint?

A complaint is defined as the expression of a specific concern about the provision of an academic or related service by the British UCO of Osteopathy (UCO).

You should make every possible effort to resolve your complaint within the relevant department, area of study or unit.

For further information on making a complaint, please see the Complaints Policy published here:

Notify you of a behaviour or practice that may put others (staff, students or patients) in danger (whistleblow)?

The safety, health and wellbeing of our patients, students and staff are primary concerns for the UCO.

If a member of the UCO, staff or student, becomes aware of a behaviour or practice that may put others (staff, students or patients) in danger, they have a duty to act appropriately on this concern, and the UCO has a responsibility to deal adequately with such disclosures of information within a reasonable time.

‘Whistleblowing’ refers to staff and students providing information to the UCO regarding malpractice which may put others at risk.

For further information on whistleblowing, please see the Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblowing) Policy published here:

Suspend my studies / withdraw from the course?

If you are considering suspending your studies or withdrawing from the course, you are advised to discuss your reasons for suspending your studies / withdrawing from your course with your Course Leader in the first instance.

For further information, please see the Suspension of Studies & Student Withdrawal Policy & Procedure published here:

Request a transcript of my results?

Transcripts are only usually produced for graduated students.

To request a transcript please email the Deputy Registrar.

Please include the year in which you graduated in your email.

Key Links
UCO Website
Email at the UCO
Anatomy TV
BONE Login
QL V4 Web
UoB Website
UCO Electronic Resources
UoB Library
Office 365 Links
What is Office 365 ?
How Do I Use it ?
Login to Office 365
Access OneDrive
Staff Links
iTrent Self-Service
iTrent Manager's Site